Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The ideal student

I've been teaching for almost seven years. In that time, I came up with my idea of an ideal student.

Here he or she is: (The list is in order of importance)

1. The student loves music and playing the piano and wants to learn.
2. The student practices.
3. The student does everything I say. 

Those are the three requirements. Notice how musical ability is not a required attribute. It's always ridiculous when someone tells me that I'm so lucky that I am so talented and can play the piano so well. Surprise, surprise! I am not Mozart or Beethoven. I started lessons when I was five, just like many other people. Unlike other people who aren't piano teachers now or piano majors, I had the three traits above... more or less. The second and third attributes were not always 100%. I'm human! But the first attribute, loving music and playing the piano, is something that has always been a part of me. 

So there you have it! If you want to be an ideal student, here is my list of how to do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment