Thursday, June 7, 2012

Best feeling in the world

One of the best feelings in the world is ANXIOUS MOTIVATION.

Today I had a wonderful lesson with Dr. Anderson. I came as prepared as could be to my lesson, and played the third movement of my Ginastera. I felt like I did well, and he said I was progressing, but then we went to work! There is so much that goes into playing a piece on the piano. If you play it well, it takes such a long time to develop everything. I feel like I have the first three layers complete on this piece. There are about six or seven total. It is so enlightening and exciting to peel back the layers that I have so far and discover the layers that are within reach, to see and hear the potential that this piece has, that I have as a pianist. It makes me so excited!

At this very moment, I cannot wait to become a better pianist! I love being filled with an enthusiasm and giddy excitement and a grand DESIRE to practice! It makes life magnificent!

No comments:

Post a Comment